Sunday, February 26, 2012

"It's not my job.."

If you know me, you know that I try way too hard to try and understand everything that is happening around me. It's as if understanding everything will make it easier to take in when in reality all it usually does it cause me more anger. I'm not saying it is this way with understanding people but it is this way with the majority of situations I have found myself in.

One day last week, on my way to school, I was listening to K-Love like usual and a woman came on and said something that was so relevent to me it was scary. This woman was talking about how she was in such turmoil trying to figure everything out and why things happen or don't happen. She said that it was affecting her health and relationship with others. One day while in the midst of all this worrying, she finally stopped long enough to listen to God and here is what he told her..."It's not your job to understand everything. It is your job to live for me and do the best you can with what I have given you." God was saying to me "Natalie! Shut up and let me do my job!" (I know this may sound harsh but you have to be very literal and direct with me.) This caused me to literally say outloud "OK God, I hear you!!"

I know I'm not the only one who struggles with this issue of having to know everything and have everything figured out and go the way I plan. But the good news is, there is still hope for us!! Since hearing this woman a week ago, I have had more peace than I have had in a long time. God doesn't want us to stop loving people and standing up for him but he also doesn't want us to continuously worry. He is the Creator of all things and instead of focusing on the bad, we need to be focusing on the blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment