Friday, July 22, 2011

Guatemala Mission Trip: Day 1

I rode on an airplane for the first time today! We left Little Rock National Airport at 9:51 and made it to Houston at 10:50 which was just in time to catch our flight to Guatemala City as they were doing the last boarding call. The flight from Little Rock to Houston was on a smaller plane with two seats on one side and one on the other. I traded seats with one of our team members so that I could sit by someone on “my first flight.” The flight to Guatemala was on a larger plane which made the take-off and landing a little less anxious.  I am very proud to say that I made it through both flights without any anxiety problems whatsoever. I know it is all by God’s grace that this was possible! Unfortunately, the missionaries we were coming to stay with missed their flight this morning and so we sat in a little restaurant/cafĂ© until they got here……9 hours later! Now that they are here, we are at a hotel for the night and will travel to Huehuetenango (where we will be staying the week) tomorrow. Now I’m going to get some sleep and prepare for a day of 6 hours on the road tomorrow! Love you all! Thanks for the prayers and keep them coming!

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment